We Love the Markets
Browse, Buy, Socialise and Eat
Street markets take place somewhere in the area every day. They start early in the morning and are finished by 12:00. We love them because the range of food available is exceptional, seasonal and usually reasonably priced.
Sainte Foy La Grande is our nearest market and takes place on Saturday morning every week. This market is one of the largest in the area and was voted Best in France in 2015. The atmosphere and buzz are exceptional, therefore, make sure it’s on your itinerary.
Another market to try takes place in Bordeaux early on a Sunday morning and you will find it along the riverfront. So make the effort and enjoy it like a local with a glass of Bordeaux Blanc and a dozen fresh local oysters. It ends at noon which leaves you time for both lunch and time to take in some of the sights
Where, When & Distance from Claribès
- Castillon-la-Bataille: market Monday (15km)
- Sauveterre-de-Guyenne: market Tuesday (25km)
- Montpon-Menesterol: market Wednesday (30km)
- Branne: market Thursday & Saturday (25km)
- Cadillac: market Saturday (48km)
- Sainte Foy La Grande: market Saturday (12km)
- Duras: market Saturday & Monday (18km)
- Bordeaux Quai Louis XVIII: market Sunday (70km)